In order to elicit feedback from consumers, as part of a market research study or scientific research, a company or a public body asked us (MIS Group) to conduct a research study.
Who are we?
Since 2001, MIS Group has been supporting large national and international brands, small businesses, research and consultancy firms, public institutions and universities/business schools with their marketing studies, with services such as online surveys, online discussion forums, consumer meetings and product tests.
To view the MIS Group Legal Notice: click here.
Use of data collected from “Source Sites”
In order to meet specific needs for some of its research, MIS Group may solicit participants (“External Contacts”) who are not from a “Consumer Panel” or a “Partner Brand”.
These will most commonly be participants from online posts on “Source Sites”, such as social-media platforms or online-survey websites.
On the other hand, they may also be participants who received the URL access link for the research study questionnaire directly from a relative, for example. For these types of participants, no personal data could be collected before the research study.
Use of data collected from online questionnaires
1. Questionnaires required
As part of its activities, MIS Group regularly distributes from Source Sites, on behalf of companies or public bodies:
- • quantitative survey questionnaires (“Survey” questionnaires);
- • and recruitment questionnaires for qualitative research (“Recruitment” questionnaires).
Each of the research studies conducted by MIS Group, either quantitative or qualitative, requires disseminating one or more online questionnaires in order to:
- • elicit feedback from consumers (“Survey” questionnaires);
- • and/or check whether or not their profiles are suitable for taking part in the research study (“Recruitment” questionnaires).
2. Allocation of roles
The company or public body that commissions the research study (such as this survey) and sets the objectives/goals of the research study is the controller of the personal data that we collect from the research study questionnaire(s), as per the allocation of roles outlined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
MIS Group is the data processor.
3. Types of questionnaires
• “Survey” questionnaires:
These are online questionnaires, hosted by us, which enable us to elicit feedback and opinions from participants on various subjects very quickly, and are most often used for statistical purposes only. The answers collected from these questionnaires are processed anonymously, i.e., they are not linked to any of the participants’ personal data.
• “Recruitment” questionnaires:
These are online questionnaires, hosted by us, which enable us to check whether or not the profiles of participants are suitable for taking part in the qualitative research studies that we run on behalf of companies and public bodies, and take the form of online discussion forums, consumer meetings and face-to-face or online interviews, home product tests and other formats. When a participant's profile matches the required profile, they can then (at the end of the recruitment questionnaire) access a short contact form where they can fill in their details and give their consent to be contacted again and take part in the research study. MIS Group will then contact the respondent by email or telephone, as applicable.
4. Confidentiality of the answers collected
We guarantee that your answers collected from the “Surveys” and “Recruitment” questionnaires will be completely confidential:
- • These answers are collected directly by MIS Group, and stored in a secure database hosted on an OVH server in France;
- • Only MIS Group employees authorised to work on the research study may access these answers, depending on whether it is a quantitative or qualitative study. These authorised employees are the research managers from the department involved in the research study, staff from the IT department and the Data Protection Officer (DPO);
- • The storage period for these answers is as short as strictly necessary for the purposes of the research.
Lawful basis for data processing
The lawful basis for processing the personal data required for this research is consent.
You are under no obligation to take part in the research studies, and you may leave the questionnaires in progress by exiting the page from your browser.
Exercising your rights
If you have any questions about how your personal data are processed in connection with this research, and/or if you would like to exercise your right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure and right to portability over your data, please contact us at this email address: Mr Michaël Saulnier - email@example.com
Data dell'ultima revisione: 16 febbraio 2022